MARGARITA’S GINGER SOY GLAZED SALMON
· 1 lb. Salmon
· 1 4” piece of Ginger, grated
· 1 Garlic Clove, grated
· ¼ cup Soy Sauce *KOSHER*
· ½ cup Red Wine *KOSHER*
· ¼ cup Mirin *KOSHER*
· 2 Tbs. Brown Sugar
· ½ Lime, juiced
· 1 Tbs. Olive Oil (Spanish)
· 1 Scallion, minced for garnish (√ for infestation)
1. Combine the soy sauce, red wine, mirin, brown sugar, garlic and ¾ of the ginger in a sauce pan.
2. Cook for 10 minutes, until it reduces by half.
3. Remove from heat and add the remaining ginger and the lime juice.
4. Let cool.
5. Rub the bottom of a baking dish with the olive oil and place the salmon in it, skin side down.
6. Spoon a tablespoon of the glaze over the fish and wait 5 minutes.
7. Spoon another tablespoon of the glaze over the fish.
8. Bake for 10 minutes at 250°F.
9. Spoon another tablespoon of glaze over the fish and return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
10. Continue to do this until the fish is cooked to medium rare (gives a little more resistance when you push it).
11. Garnish with the scallion.
YIELDS: 4 servings.