oven to 400 degrees F
2. Dilute the yeast in a large bowl with 1
cup of warm water and 1 cup of flour to make it have a thick
porridge like consistency.
3. Cover with a cloth and leave for half an
hour until it becomes foamy.
4. Add all the ingredients except the pitted
olives and sesame seeds and mix with about 2 cups of water.
5. Add the water in small measures to ensure
that you donít add too much. The dough should become too stiff
6. Knead it well, adding flour to keep it
from becoming sticky, it will become soft and elastic.
7. Add the pitted black olives which can be
chopped, sliced or left whole.
8. Place the dough in a well-oiled bowl and
cover with a cloth.
9. Leave in a warm place for about 2 hours.
10. When it has doubled in size reshape into
one large loaf or several small ones, spray with cold water and
sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
11. Place straight away onto an oiled baking
tray and leave to rise once again for about 25-30 minutes.
12. Bake in the preheated oven at 400
degrees F for about 45 minutes until the bread is brown and
sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
YIELDS: 4 servings.