The architectural style of neo-Byzantine is attributed to Paul Martin. The design of the facade of stone with its uppermost pyramid pierced by a rosette of Central and topped tables of the law is frequently found in the Jewish temple constructions at the same time as Dijon, Tunis, Baltimore and Buenos Aires. The interior is decorated with a richly decorated shrine. In 1993, the glass master Theo Tobiasse will sign a series of windows on the biblical theme that he called the song of the prophets.
The new synagogue was inaugurated on 21 March 1886 by the Chief Rabbi of France, Lazare Isidor, assisted by Rabbi Nice Honel Meiss. In 1943, the Nazis occupied the building and to enclose many Jews before their deportation. In 1988, an inauguration celebrates major renovation].