1. Start BBQ outside or an outside grill.
2. Mash the garlic into a paste with the salt using the flat side of a good knife on your cutting board.
3. Mix the garlic into the lamb along with the onion, parsley, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, allspice, cayenne pepper, ginger, and pepper in a mixing bowl until well blended.
4. Form the mixture into 28 balls.
5. Form each ball around the tip of a skewer, flattening into a 2 inch oval; repeat with the remaining skewers.
6. Place the kebabs onto a baking sheet.
7. Cover and refrigerate minimum time of 30 minutes, or up to 12 hours to allow the flavors to set in.
8. BBQ the skewers on the preheated BBQ /grill, turning occasionally, until the lamb/beef has cooked to your desired degree of doneness, allow ~ 6 minutes for medium.
CHEF’S NOTE: Serve with pita bread, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and a side plate of French fries.
Alan Ira Silver